Business Code of Ethics
Chrill Care, Inc. is committed to improving the well-being of clients and families through the delivery of essential home care services of a preeminent quality. Furthermore, Chrill Care seeks to establish and retain the highest possible level of public confidence. Thus, this Business Code of Ethics, adopted by the Board of Trustees, serves notice to the general public, referral sources, contractors, clients, staff and governmental agencies that Chrill Care is an organization which operates at the highest level of ethical practice.
- Chrill Care will provide high quality services in a responsible, reliable, and ethical manner.
- Chrill Care is committed to treating the needs of clients and families with respect, compassion, and professionalism.
- Chrill Care will respect all client personal and medical information and will hold it in strict confidence.
- Chrill Care will provide appropriate care without discrimination based on race, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability or other legally protected status, or payer.
- Chrill Care values its employees and strives to provide a work environment that supports, develops the potential of all staff.
- Chrill Care will not discriminate in employment based on race, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability, or other legally protected status.
- Chrill Care has written personnel policies.
- Chrill Care maintains all employee records in complete, accurate, timely fashion and with appropriate confidentiality.
- Chrill Care prohibits the offering or acceptance of kickbacks or gifts of significant value for referrals or services.
- Chrill Care will hire qualified employees and utilize them at their level of competency.
- Chrill Care management will uphold the values, ethics, and mission of the organization, and conduct itself professionally with honesty, integrity, respect and good faith.
Compliance with Laws and Regulations
- Chrill Care stands for integrity and ethical standards and has established guidelines for ethical conduct.
- Chrill Care complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations including anti-fraud and abuse laws.
- Chrill Care submits claims only for services rendered as described on the submitted claims form.
- Chrill Care documents and assures the appropriateness of all payments and transactions.
- Chrill Care does not enter into contractual relationships that may violate federal, state or local law.
- Chrill Care will fully cooperate with all reasonable and lawful demands made by governmental investigations or law enforcement agents, and will prevent written, copied or electronic documentation from being altered or destroyed in anticipation of a request or as a result of a request for those documents by any authorized, lawful investigation.
- Chrill Care maintains client billing, payroll, and other financial information accurately and in conformity with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Chrill bills only for services rendered in compliance with program regulations and guidelines.
- Chrill Care accepts no kickbacks or payoffs for referrals nor solicits anything of value for the referral of others.
- Chrill Care will alert the payer if errors are found on a bill and promptly refund any money that may be due.
- Chrill Care accounts receivable procedures are in conformity to agency policy.
- Chrill Care salary scales are competitive with other like organizations.
- Chrill Care financial records are audited by an independent CPA firm annually.
Conflict of Interest
- Chrill Care works to maintain its community reputation for ethical standards. Thus, Chrill Care seeks to avoid any conflict of interest or appearance of conflict of interest with its employees, volunteers, or agency.
- Chrill Care employees shall not engage in private employment with agency clients.
- Chrill Care employees, volunteers, and agents will not accept kickbacks or payoffs for referrals, nor will they solicit anything of value for the referral of others.
- Chrill Care employees, volunteers, and agents will avoid the conflict or appearance of conflict between that individual’s private interest or gain and his or her responsibilities to Chrill Care.
Relations with the Public
- Chrill Care will be truthful and ethical in its communication with the public.
- Chrill Care shall represent its services and products in an honest and straightforward manner.
- Chrill Care will fairly present agency benefits, costs, and capabilities as well as home care information in general.
- Chrill Care shall work to ensure that those individuals in need have reasonable access to care.
- Chrill Care shall cooperate with other agencies in providing and accepting referrals to insure comprehensive services to clients.
- Chrill care shall participate in public dialogue and advocate solutions to improve the health status of the community.
Health and Safety
- Chrill Care is committed to the health and safety of its clients and employees.
- Chrill Care practices a drug free, alcohol free, smoke free environment.
- Chrill Care treats clients and families with respect and dignity.
- Chrill Care requires that employees be treated with respect and dignity while on assignment.
- Chrill Care practices proper infectious disease procedures including staff training in Universal Precautions.
- Chrill Care is committed to strict compliance of the Business Ethics and Compliance Policy.
- Chrill Care requires the report of all suspected instances of wrongdoing or violation of law and assures no retaliation towards an individual reporting an alleged incident or wrongdoing.
- Chrill Care has appointed a Corporate Compliance Officer to receive reports of violations or wrongdoing.
- Chrill Care’s Compliance Officer is: Joseph Vallone, 201 Bloomfield Avenue, Verona, NJ 07044 (Tel: 973-744-8103) and can be reached via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Code of Ethics policy and compliance will be the responsibility of the Quality Improvement Committee. This committee will review any reported suspected violations and update policy as required.
Our team is ready to serve your loved one in need. Contact us to find out more. We proudly serve clients throughout the Essex County, New Jersey, area.